Friday, May 14, 2010

The Day We Didn't Catch A Fish, But Saved A Turtle!

We went fishing today! I brought the camera so I could take pictures of my favorite lake. Here they are:


We bought worms at Wal*Mart. Don't they look yummy?




Isn't this a pretty lake?


My dad is teaching my sister how to cast.


My sister loves to play with worms!


I'm no sure if this was a duck, a swan or any other kind of bird! It was cool though... :)


There were a bunch of these birds, even some that were all red! But this was the only one I was able to take a picture of.


Ooooh! What's this?
We were getting ready to leave but I wanted to show my dad the adorable little turtle I found. My dad came over and saw some fishing line next to the turtle and tried to pull it out...the turtle was stuck to it! We couldn't see the hook because it was so deep, so my dad couldn't pull it out without really hurting the turtle. He took some pliers and cut the fishing line close to the turtles mouth. then let it go so it could finally try to eat something. We had no idea how long the turtle had been stuck there, but at least now it had a chance at survival!


I took this picture before my dad cut the line. The fishing line was tied to the bridge we were on, meaning someone must have done this on purpose! Who would do such a mean thing?


I put one of the many remaining worms in my plant when we got home.

Oh, I forgot to mention...We didn't catch any fish!

-Miss Mayhem

11 comments:

ЯANdOM ЯAWR said...

I'm so proud of you for saving that poor turtle!

Anonymous said...

Poor turtle...people are mean...You and your Dad rock for saving it though!

Oddyoddyo13 said...

Poor turtle! You guys are awesome for saving it. :)

Ew! Worms! I'm sorry, but I can never touch those things-they make my stomach roll and..ugh!

Here's hoping you catch some fish next time!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Way to go, saving that turtle, Missy. I'm glad your dad will take you fishing. I hate fishing!

Looks like you had fun. Great pictures.

Hugs and love,
MOM

Lexi said...

great pics! omg! this is TOTALLY one of my fave gorgeouz blogs!

Abby. said...

Thanks for following me; I'm following you too! :)
xx,
~Abby~

Anonymous said...

good job young one.

Ami said...

It IS a beautiful lake.
Smart of you to bring the camera and get so many good shots, too.

I loved the way you wrote this up.
:)

And I'm so happy that little turtle at least has a chance at survival now.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Awww, poor little turtle! We don't get them over here except as pets.
Good for you for saving it!

Anonymous said...

Yay! What a cute lil turtle

Anonymous said...

Ashley will you marry me?!?! <3