Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Daddy Fixed Max!

I've been busy. Max, (my awesome, 2 1/2 year old guinea pig who has a natural Mohawk) was looking really skinny yesterday, and he wouldn't eat anything that I would try to give him. I picked him up and looked at his mouth, and his bottom tooth was way too long and was jabbing his top lip! He looked like a hillbilly with his funky teeth! (not joking) I told my dad about it and he told me that I had to feed him something, so I blended up some of his favorites:

Carrots,
Celery,
Green leaf lettuce,
tomato.

I had to feed him through a little medicine dropper. I was so worried about him!

I did some searching online about what I could do, and I had two options: Take him to a veterinarian and let them trim his teeth (I looked online, guinea pigs don't have nerves in their teeth), but that wasn't really an option because we don't have the money... and the other option was to have my dad use my dog's nail clippers and cut them himself! Ahhhh!!! Okay, so I trusted my "fix-it" dad to use really big nail clippers and cut his teeth. It worked! My dad did it really quickly and Max was very calm while we did it! He is eating all of his favorites right now! I am so happy! I am going to make sure that he chews on his hey blocks to grind down his teeth from now on!

I LOVE YOU DADDY!!!

So, that was my weekend, how was yours?

-Miss Mayhem :P

8 comments:

Ami said...

Isn't the internet an amazing thing??

So glad Max is okay.

Oddyoddyo13 said...

Whew! Thank goodness Max is alright! Major kudos to your dad!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your Dad was able to fix Max! Taht is awesome!

So far so good on the weekend...Going to parents for a BBQ so it will either be real nice or lots of drama....families!

Helen said...

That's so brave of your dad! So happy it worked :)

ЯANdOM ЯAWR said...

This is proof that the internet can save lives (well, sort of).

Abby. said...

I'm glad Max is fixed!!!!!
Mine was great, went out to a nearby lake and went innnertubing. fun as always, but I'm sore and my throat hurts from screaming so much.
Tonight is academic awards. Oh joy, I'll get another 7 awards to add to my wall.
xx,
~Abby~

Anonymous said...

I tagged you!

Anonymous said...

Urteter nuytre: http://tacaka.chez.com